Environment & Ethics
We run the environmental work as an integrated part of the company's long-term strategy by, on a management level, state rules, and routines on how the environmental work should be organized and run.
- We strive for applicable laws, regulations, agreements, and directives.
- We deliver our products in the most energy-saving and efficient way as possible. For example, we use sea freight, instead of airfreight, in most possible cases.
- We actively work with packages and material and we recycle i.e corrugated cardboard and paper. We are connected to FTI, which is the industry and trade system for recycled packages.
- We only use environmental cars as our company cars.
- We work to optimize our own routes so that these minimize our effect on the environment.
- We take the environmental aspect into consideration when purchasing computer equipment and inventories.
- We work to, as much as possible, decrease the use of consumption goods by i. e. sending documents, invoices, propositions, etc. electronically - instead of printing and sending these by post.
- We favor suppliers who can show up to active work in the environmental aspect.
- We choose, by all agreements, the supplier who has the best environmental work in cases when two propositions are equivalent.
Future Eyewear Group, the manufacturer of Bliz Eyewear, is a member of BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative). Beyond our membership, we have approved and certified audits of our production facilities.
The Business Social Compliance Initiative is a leading business-driven initiative for companies committed to improving working conditions in factories and farms worldwide. They unite more than 1000 companies around a development-oriented system applicable to all sectors and sourcing countries.
BSCI:s code of conduct is based on the UN resolutions on human rights and ILO:s conventions on working conditions.
For example, the code contains...
Requirements to comply with applicable laws
Prohibition of child labor and forced response behavior
Prohibition of discrimination
Policies on salaries and remuneration
Requirements relating to health, safety, and environment
The right to join trade unions
Read more about BSCI here
Future also complies with the EU's rules on Chemicals - Reach - which is administered by ECHA, the European Chemicals Agency.
Bliz sunglasses comply with European standards: EN ISO 12312-1:2022. For technical documentation EU declaration of conformity, please follow the link to https://www.fostergrant.co.uk/ppe